The overall aims of the English Language Education curriculum are:
- To provide every learner of a second language with further opportunity for extending their knowledge and experience of the culture of other people as well as opportunities for personal and intellectual development, further studies, pleasure and work in the English medium; and
- To enable every learner to prepare for the changing socio-economic demands resulting from advances in formation technology; these demands include the interpretation, use and production of materials for pleasure, study and work in the English medium.
1.School-based Reading to Writing e-Learning Programme (P.1-P.6)
(Click here to view)
2. NET provides valuable native language experience:
- We have a Native English-speaking Teacher (NET) focusing on teaching phonics and enhancing students listening and oral skills through various fun games and activities. Besides, the NET is also in charge of the enrichment programme for the gifted students and helps to organize English Day in every alternate ?Friday.
3. Primary Literacy Programme for Reading (P.1-P.4)
- In this programme, the local English teachers and the NET work collaboratively to tailor-make the curriculum according to our students' interests, abilities and needs. Through this programme, our students are engaged in many different reading activities such as shared and guided reading, storytelling, role-plays and phonics, etc.